Saturday, August 3, 2013

do small things with great love

I've always known I've had amazing friends. I'm sure everyone feels this way but it is easy to believe I have the best friends in the world. My friends are beautiful souls, kind & generous; it is an honor just having their friendship. I'm proud of the women they are -- just being around each of them makes one feel renewed & relaxed, inspired & hopeful, happy & loved. 

My friends also have ways of showing support that give meaning to the truth that the smallest moments and gestures have the biggest impact. I mentioned in a previous post that when I recently went through a hard time, I had an amazing group of people rallying around me, lifting me up and helping me realize my own strength. I received so many messages, texts and phone calls just offering words of encouragement, empathy and a listening ear whenever I wanted to talk. The many thoughtful check-ins just to see how I was doing or to say 'I'm thinking of you and praying for you' meant so much to me that I can't even describe it in words. Each and every kind gesture that I encountered was so powerful and seemed to always be at a moment when I needed it the most. I carried all of these positive affirmations in my head and in my heart and when I was having a particularly hard time, I'd think of something someone said or did and it snapped me back to that positive mentality of 'I can do this. Things will get better. It can only go up from here.'  It's hard to know how much you will ever need or depend on your friends but let me just say, I would not be where I am today without them! I can't imagine if I would have had to go through this alone. I am truly beyond blessed.




A sampling of the inspirational quotes I received:




a taste of my first weekend as a single girl; tokens of thoughtfulness; 
the serenity prayer; snail-mailed letters! 




"I no doubt deserve my enemies, but I don't believe I deserve my friends" -- Whitman



-->

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS