Saturday, July 27, 2013

Leap of Faith

This week was pivotal. I took risks. I made decisions that scared me. {They say to do one thing everyday that scares you, right?} And I created doors and windows of opportunity where there was just a blank wall. It. Felt. So. Amazing. It was the best week I can remember having in quite some time. It really proved the point that there is freedom in taking risks and facing fears.

I took three areas of my life (self, career, relationship) and envisioned what I wanted out of them, where I felt I needed the path to start going. What do I need to do right now to start seeing some short term changes? 

Self: make my heart happy. For me, that equates CALIFORNIA. My family and friends there that I haven't seen in two years. I need to go back. That's where I need to go to get me back to center, to regroup. California has my heart, that's where I feel the most carefree. So, I took the risk and bought my flight. What's the risk in that? It's a bit of a chore to get vacation approved in my office. I decided I was going on this trip no matter what. If they didn't approve it, I would quit. This seems a bit extreme, and maybe a little unprofessional, I know. But I am going to get more out of a week in California than I will ever get out of this job. Life is too short. I can't keep putting myself to the side for a job that I get no return out of. What's the worst that could happen? -- I come back from a great vacation and start looking for a job. Nothing I haven't done before. They ended up granting my vacation approval so luckily I get to keep my income. However, the risk to take an action not knowing the outcome was actually very liberating.

Career: I have been frustrated with my career for quite some time. It just doesn't seem to be going anywhere that excites me and the open positions I do find, I'm not passionate about either. So I reflected on what it is I really want to do. What would the perfect opportunity look like for me? And then I put feelers out there and put myself in a position to make connections that met those criteria. Generally I just browse internet sites for jobs but this time I was more pro-active. And within a week, I had two face-to-face interviews for promising, exciting, challenging opportunities.  I'm not sure what the outcome will be yet but that accomplishment alone felt amazing. An internet post didn't get this for me. I got this for me, networking paid off. I felt fierce.

Relationship: Believe it or not, I'm ready to take a chance on love again. I had my time to mourn and now is my time to move on. I am determined to not let a past love make me afraid to trust love again. So, for at least the 4th time in a week, I faced my fear. I took some action, made some moves. And now I totally have a date with an amazing guy this weekend! I don't know where this will lead but I'm just going to go with it and enjoy every moment. One lesson I did learn from my last relationship is to live in the moment, here is my chance to apply it.  


This work in process stuff is kind of fun :)

 My inspiration for this past week: 



-->

2 comments:

  1. Randomly came across your blog and am enjoying! Will continue to follow. Did you know the phrase is actually, "a work in progress," though?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am glad you are enjoying it and appreciate you following :)
      Yes, I've always gone back & forth between the two as I've seen them both used and I'm not sure which I prefer!

      Delete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS