Monday, July 22, 2013

Honor the Commitment

Today is my parent's 35th anniversary! They've been amazing parents and I know their marriage is the foundation our family is built on. 

As parents, they have shaped me into who I am today. They've instilled in me a sense of humor, always encouraging me to be goofy; they've instilled values, morals, and self-esteem. They've taught me to be disciplined and responsible, loyal and dependable. To be charitable and grateful. They've encouraged and supported me, taken care of me and have shown me by example that time is the best thing you can give to another. My strength and courage come from the fact that I know they are always there. I am so blessed!

As husband and wife, they have shown me what makes a marriage. That you don't just give up and walk away at the first sign of trouble. That you work through things and stay by each other's side through thick and thin, through the ups and downs. That the future isn't always certain but you're committed to each other and that's all that matters. They've shown that there is good and happiness in every day, even when the road seems bumpy. I learned by example to laugh with each other, spend time with each other, and not take each other for granted. It's hard to find your best friend that will stick with you so when you do, you hold on tight. And they've taught me that I deserve the same. It is from their example that I know what a strong marriage looks like. Again, I feel so blessed.

Happy Anniversary and may you share many more wonderful years!

-->

3 comments:

  1. Reading these words, Meg, warms my heart & makes me feel so good. :) Thank you for them. You've been a perfect match for me & your dad; and we got SO lucky when God blessed us with you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love is wonderful and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristy - it is! I love love :)

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS