Sunday, August 11, 2013

Sunday Leisure-Day

I don't know about you but I need at least one day a week where I can push the reset button. I've been running myself thin the past couple of weeks (which has been great - don't get me wrong), but I'm someone where if I don't take care of me, my body starts to wear down quick. Luckily, I can bounce back just as quickly with a good night or two of sleep in a row. However, if my body is run down, chances are my mind is just as exhausted. For me, the two go hand in hand. I need some Meghan-time once in awhile or I can't focus wholly on everything else and that doesn't make me feel good!

Here's my reset day:

-I took a melatonin last night & slept in till 10am!
-I went on a 9 mile bike ride this morning.
-I took a quick power nap while the rain was coming down.
-I bought a new bathing suit (on sale!) for my upcoming vacation.
-I paid bills & balanced my checkbook. (May not sound fun but I actually like doing this, one less thing to worry about)
-I gave myself a mini mani-pedi.
-I went fishing & enjoyed a little bonfire.

Don't underestimate when that little voice inside you is calling for some "me-time." Just having some quiet alone time to make yourself feel right makes a world of difference. Now that I've paid myself some attention, I can take a deep breath and be ready to face the week!

Whether you had a Sunday Leisure-day or a Sunday Fun-day, I hope yours was a great one, too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS