Thursday, February 13, 2014

The Gratitude Project

My Grandma gave me a book recently that has been absolutely amazing. It's called "Simple Abundance" and it has a short passage for each day. It's a simple, quiet way to end my day but the messages are always so profound and moving. It is the perfect addition to my daily routine! 

The author talks about a lot of different themes, all empowering and inspiring. I am made aware of fresh perspectives through her writing. There's a passage about how the thirst for happiness never seems to be quenched. In another, she writes about the common under-lying sadness that is not fully becoming who we set out to be, but how it is never too late to listen to that voice inside your heart. Each day's message promotes growth and simplicity, awareness and contentment, and gratitude. 

She offers that we should scale back and renew our sense of living consciously, as opposed to going though the motions.  That we should take the time to literally stop and smell the roses, or notice the sun rays shining through the window. When we take the time to notice all of the simple, yet beautiful, details and moments in our daily lives, we will realize how truly blessed we are. When we practice gratitude, we receive contentment. 

She encourages the reader to invest in a Gratitude Journal. A journal that is picked out purely for this purpose. Everyday, take the time to write down 5 things that happened that one is grateful for. They could be simple things, mundane things, or they could be big things - it depends on the day. 

So now, the Single Girl Project has grown to not only include my Wellness Project but also my Gratitude Project. I think it will be a good way to stay small and to meditate & reflect on what really matters.

 This is my Gratitude Journal that I picked out. 


Be filled with joy.
A great daily inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS