Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Wellness Project - Week 2, Part 1 Update



Whew. Finally a moment to take a deep breath I think it has technically been a little over a week since my last post. Don't worry, you didn't miss much, I was horribly sick for most of last week which I absolutely hated. Not only do I loathe feeling uncomfortable, I also hate not being able to be productive. Luckily I am back this week!

This is an exciting post because I am going to tell you about the Life Coaching aspect of this project. Life coaching is all about goals and visualization. This is in perfect alignment with where I am in my life right now. I have already worked through the hard, negative stuff. Now it is all about building this positive and inspired life I envision for myself. 

Julie and I started simple - what are my 5 big picture goals for the next 12 months, with no regards to money, time, etc (we'll tackle those obstacles when we break down these 5 goals over the next week or two). Here they are, in no particular order:

1. Live on my own. 
It would be nice to have my own place, no roommates. My own little corner of the world. I would like to avoid throwing money away on rent, however. 

2. Become a life coach. 
I want the course to be paid off and completed within the next year. This is why going through my own life coaching over the next 6 months is so great - I want to experience it myself so I can know best how to give to others. I feel led to inspire others through my story of overcoming the trials of 2013 and finding opportunities to rebuild in a positive way.

3. Grow my business.
It's only a few months old. Within the next 12 months, I'd love the name to be recognizable and to have grown!

4. Travel.
I have friends all over the country and now have a bit more control over my vacation hours since I am my own boss! I'd love to squeeze in a few weekend trips to see the people I love and miss so dearly. Of course, this definitely has to overcome the money obstacle!!!

5. Maybe be in a relationship.
It kind of makes me laugh that I say maybe but that is only because I don't want to force anything (also, partially because in a year I will be about to turn 30 and I have to get married and give my parents grandkids at some point!) But, in all seriousness, I don't want to be in a relationship just for the sake of being in a relationship, and I don't want to put an element of time on it. Right now I am putting zero effort into dating. I am going to walk down my path and do my thing. If the right guy crosses my path (either by chance or through a friend), I'm open to that. But I am definitely not venturing off my journey to go find his. I am doing my thing (career & hobbies) with my people (friends & family) so I don't really feel that there is a huge lonely void in my life or anything. That is why I'm not eager to fill it. I'm not a good casual dater. I tried dating after my break-up and I'm glad I did. It gave me a chance to know that I could apply the lessons learned in my last relationship. But from here on out, I'm only giving that energy to someone who earns it. It's hard work to be in a relationship and it takes a lot of time and a lot of willingness and I only give that to the special people in my life. I'm not giving priority in my schedule to someone that I know at Date 2 is not the man I am going to marry. I don't need a dinner partner, I have those. I want a lifelong companion and if I can't make it through a couple hours with you, I know I can't make it through life with you. There has to be potential there in order for me to allow you into my life. I'm very protective of my comfortable little pocket of the world I have for myself :) 

Julie did give me some homework on Goal #5. I'm to list what I need from a partner and what I can give to a partner. Notice it does not say what I want in a partner. I guess this way I will notice that person when I see them and I'll have some standards to know if this person should be let into my life. I made that list tonight in my Life Transformation journal (pictured below because it is so cute and inspiring!) but I will share this with you in a future update. It is actually harder to share the list than to write it for some reason. I'm not sure why, they are pretty standard things that I need or that I can give but I'm just not ready to send that out into the world yet! 



Look for a post tomorrow about the diet and exercise portion of this past week! Thank you again for following along in my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS