Sunday, January 26, 2014

Transforming My Life

Back in November, I was on the website of Seven Studios and learned about their Life Transformation Contest. Seven Studios is owned by Julie Wilkes and provides work out classes and life coaching programs. I had met Julie once before at a goal painting event I attended. Seeing her at work that evening and learning more about her studio through their website, I knew I wanted to be a part of her program. 

I came a long way in 2013, especially since that day in June. But I want to keep going, I don't want to plateau. So, I decided to enter the Life Transformation contest. I thought it would be a great opportunity to bring in some other professionals to guide me along my path and help me find my way. I know my Single Girl Project is not yet complete and if I could win this contest, I would be sure to not get stuck. To apply for the contest, I had to write a 500 word essay that told my inspiring story, showed my readiness to begin and why now is the right time to transform my life. I wrote away, hit send and waited. I was confident, yet also so anxious -- the winner wouldn't be announced for over a month! The further we got into January, I thought for sure someone else had been chosen. 

And then, I randomly checked my email last week and saw one from Julie herself with the subject line "Congratulations!" As I hurriedly read the email, it said out of the 48 applications they received, my entry made it to the Top 5. {At first I thought it was like all of those emails you receive after you apply for a job -- "While you are well qualified and we appreciate your application, we have decided to go with another candidate. Good luck in your job search."} But I read on and learned that the panel of Seven Studios judges couldn't pick just one of their top 5…so we were all winners! I don't remember the last time I got so excited over something! I had the biggest smile on my face the rest of the day and just kept saying to myself "Oh my gosh, I am so excited!" Literally I said that for, like, the rest of the day. 

I love writing, so I was proud that something I wrote was recognized. My essay was so personal, so I am grateful it was heard. I am so honored to have been chosen to be a part of this project. Visit this site to see what I will receive as a contest winner. I will be blogging weekly updates of my 6-month journey so please follow along with me -- I want my process to inspire you, and I am sure I will need some motivation & encouragement along the way, too! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS